Visa & Necessary documents


In compliance with the EU regulations citizens from a country member of the European Union do not require a Visa and can stay in Spain as long as wanted.
To travel to Spain for tourism for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. But you need compliant passport. Please see Passport Requirements below. Not all countries participate in the system. Please check embassy's homepage of your country.

Necessary documents

If you come to Spain from non-Schengen Agreement countries, you need immigration card (E / D card).

The Schengen Agreement countries

The following nationalities can stay for up to 3 months without a Visa.
Australia, Canada, Japan, US, Andorra, Argentina, Aruba, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Korea (Rep. of), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Switzerland, Uruguay, Vatican City and Venezuela. For other nationalities or long term stays over 3 months a visa is necesary.

Passport control

Follow the instructions given by passport control (Control de Pasaporte). Please don't go to "transit" or "transfer".

2. Baggage Claim
pick up your baggage.

3. Customs
nothing to declare; green exit.
declare : red exit.


■Tobacco products
over 17 years old can bring tobacco products for personal use only the following
200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250 g of smoking tobacco. Each amount specified in above points will amount to 100% of the total allowance for tobacco products.

■Alcoholic beverages
for passengers aged 17 years and older
1 litre of spirits over 22%, or non-denatured ethyl alcohol with more than 80% volume or 2 litres of spirits or aperitifs made of wine or similar beverages less than 22% volume, or sparkling wines or liquer wines or a proportional mix of these products; and in addition 4 litres of wine and 16 litres of beer.

・Meat and milk and any items thereof from non-EU countries with the exception of limited amounts from Andorra, Croatia, the Faeroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland and small amounts of specific products from other countries.
・Protected species and products thereof as listed by the CITES (Washington Convention) for example ivory, tortoise shell, coral, reptile skin, wood from Amazonian forests.


1. Check-in
Please go to the airline counter.

2. Security Check

3. Customs

4. Immigration



IVA (Value Added Tax) is a sales tax that rate is from 4% to 21 % in Spain. But if your domicile is outside the European community, you can get a refund on the tax.

When you shopped at stores displaying Global Blue Tax Free Shopping signage in the window, ask the shop staff for a Tax Free Form.
Before you check in for your flight at airport, go to the Customs desk. And show the form, passport and bought.

・You spend more than €90.15 on your items at shop that has Tax Free Shopping signage in the window.
・Take the items back to your country. Excludes restaurant and hotel bills and general food.